- 1 pound steak, sliced (I used flat iron steak)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1-2 chilies, minced (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon pureed kiwi
- minced cilantro
- finely diced onion
- your favourite hot sauce
yield: 12 tacos
Thinly slice the steak and place in a bowl. Combine the marinade ingredients and add to the steak. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, but not overnight. (The kiwi will break the steak down and turn it to mush if you let it marinate over night).
When ready to grill, remove from the fridge and let the meat come to room temperature (about 30 minutes). This will ensure even cooking. Heat a cast iron pan on high and cook the steak until nicely browned.
Serve on warmed corn tortillas with cilantro, onion, hot sauce and limes.