Boozy one-pot Italian chicken
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 7 ozs cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 100 grams prosciutto (torn into strips)
- 10 shallots (small, peeled)
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsps pepper (sun-dried, cut into strips)
- 2 whole garlic (cloves of)
- 5 floz dry white wine
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 2 tbsps port
- 2 tbsps brandy
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- sea salt
- 2 tbsps chopped parsley
- lemon zest (to serve)
Preheat the oven to 170C (340F).
Combine the wine, vinegar, mustard, port and brandy in a measuring jug and set aside.
Put the chicken, prosciutto and all the vegetables in a large, lidded, ovenproof dish. Season generously and toss together.
Pour over the wine mixture and mix together. Drizzle with the olive oil.
Cover and cook for one hour.
Take the lid off and cook for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is nicely coloured.
Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon zest. Serve with rice or salad.